2022 Honda SUV Model Comparison
In recent years, the crossover and SUV segment has exploded in popularity for a variety of reasons. Drivers all over the country choose these vehicles for their rugged styling, go-anywhere performance capabilities, confident driving manners, and generous space for both cargo and passengers. Take a look at the lineup of Honda vehicles and you’ll discover four distinct SUV choices. From the city-sized HR-V and versatile CR-V to the bold Passport and family-friendly Pilot — there’s a Honda SUV that’s perfectly suited to your lifestyle and driving habits.
In order to help you make an informed decision that makes sense for both your needs and budget, our team at Germain Honda of Ann Arbor has created this helpful guide which compares all four Honda SUVs side-by-side.
Honda Crossovers & SUVs – Key Specifications
2022 Honda HR-V
2022 Honda CR-V
2022 Honda Pilot
2022 Honda Passport
|Engine||1.8-Liter 4-Cylinder||1.5-Liter Turbocharged 4-Cylinder||3.5-Liter V6||3.5-Liter V6|
|Horsepower / Torque||141 / 127 lb ft||190 / 179 lb ft||280 / 262 lb ft||280 / 262 lb ft|
|Drivetrain||FWD or AWD||FWD or AWD||FWD or AWD||FWD or AWD|
|EPA-Estimated MPG** (city/hwy/combined)||Up to 28 / 34 / 30 **||Up to 28 / 34 / 30 **||Up to 20 / 27 / 23 **||Up to 20 / 25 / 22 **|
|Maximum Towing Capacity||Not Recommended||1,500 pounds (when properly equipped)||5,000 pounds (when properly equipped)||5,000 pounds (when properly equipped)|
|Seating Capacity||5||5||7 or 8||5|
|Cargo Capacity||Up to 58.8 cubic feet||Up to 75.8 cubic feet||Up to 109 cubic feet||Up to 100 cubic feet|
Please scroll to see more
2022 Honda HR-V
Starting at $23,095 MSRP* | Up to 28 city / 34 highway / 30 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $23,095 MSRP*
- 1.8-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine with 141 horsepower and 127 lb-ft of torque
- Updated styling featuring revised bumpers, headlights, grille, and taillights
- Sport and Touring trim levels
- 2nd row Magic Seat®, offering up to 100.1 cubic feet of passenger space
- Display Audio with Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ integration
- Available Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver-assistive features
- Multi-angle rearview camera with three angles – normal, top-down, and wide
Despite its compact sizing, the Honda HR-V is big on both style and attitude. Perfect for those living active urban lifestyles, the HR-V is powered by a potent yet economical 1.8-liter 4-cylinder engine which produces 141 horsepower and 127 lb-ft of torque. Optional all-wheel drive lets you conquer the elements when Mother Nature won’t cooperate with your plans. A standard 60/40 split second row Magic Seat® gives you the ability to adapt the interior of the HR-V to match your cargo-carrying needs. Available Honda Sensing® provides drivers with a suite of cutting-edge driver-assistive safety innovations which act as an extra set of eyes to keep you safe. Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® lets you keep your eyes on the road, hands on the wheel, and total control over a collection of tech amenities. You’ll always reach your destination on time thanks to the optional Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ found inside the Honda HR-V.
2022 Honda CR-V
Starting at $27,625 MSRP* | Up to 28 city / 34 highway / 30 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $27,625 MSRP*
- Available Hands-Free Tailgate Access
- Standard 190 Horsepower from 1.5L turbocharged engine
- Up to 34 Highway MPG**
- Available Rain-sensing Windshield Wipers
- Standard Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Available 330 watt / 9 speaker premium audio system
- 39.2 Cubic Feet of Cargo Space
Whether it’s a night on the town or a spontaneous weekend road trip, the Honda CR-V lets you transform any journey into a memorable adventure. Chiseled styling, eye-catching headlights, and unique alloy wheel designs help you stand out among a sea of ordinary with your CR-V. Its versatile interior features premium soft-touch materials along with groundbreaking technologies such as a Display Audio Touchscreen for a truly upscale feel. Powered by a standard 190-horsepower 1.5-liter turbocharged engine — the CR-V gives you an ideal balance of power and efficiency to take you further. Optional Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™ allows you to venture where other SUVs fear to travel. Available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration allows you to bring the power of your compatible smartphone along for every trip. An easy fold-down 60/40 split rear seatback makes it simple to carry larger or oddly-shaped gear.
2022 Honda Pilot
Starting at $38,805 MSRP* | Up to 20 city / 27 highway / 23 combined MPG** | Seating – 7 or 8 Passengers
- Starting at $38,805 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6 engine with 280 horsepower
- Available Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration with volume knob
- Optional Pilot-first Telematics Control Unit (TCU) AT&T 4G LTE On-Board Wi-Fi Connection
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- Available Blu-ray Rear Entertainment System (RES) with 115-volt power outlet, HDMI® Interface and integrated 2nd-row sunshades
- Optional perforated heated and ventilated front seats with heated 2nd-row captain’s chairs
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM4™) AWD system
An excellent option for growing families, the capable Honda Pilot includes generous seating for up to 8 passengers. Powered by a potent 280-horsepower 3.5-liter V6, the Pilot has all the muscle you need to carry the entire team across town for soccer practice. Luxurious features available inside the Pilot include leather-trimmed seating surfaces, a one-touch power moonroof, second-row captain’s chairs, and even a mobile hotspot with a data plan from AT&T. Available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ lets you get directions, send or receive text messages, and use your favorite apps through the Display Audio touchscreen inside the Pilot. Honda Sensing® offers driver-assistive safety features including a Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), and more for added confidence behind the wheel.
2022 Honda Passport
Starting at $39,095 MSRP* | Up to 20 city / 25 highway / 22 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $39,095 MSRP*
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine with i-VTEC® valvetrain mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive enhances on- and off-road performance
- Intelligent Traction Management system with available Snow, Sand and Mud modes help optimize performance for varying surface conditions
- Best-in-class underfloor cargo storage
- Standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology
Sized between the CR-V compact and Pilot family SUVs with expanded off-road capabilities, the rugged Honda Passport features streamlined styling and functional design details. There’s room for friends and just about anything, with several seating configurations, plenty of cargo space, and innovative underfloor storage compartments. Thanks to a standard 280-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 and optional Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive — no obstacle will stand between your Passport and your weekend adventures. Whether on city streets or in the great outdoors, the rugged styling of the Honda Passport is never out of its element. Its available Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate lets you quickly grab your cargo with just the swipe of your foot beneath the rear bumper.
*MSRP includes $1,225.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.