2019 Honda Pilot Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $32,445 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6 engine with 280 horsepower
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- Available new Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration with volume knob
- Optional perforated heated and ventilated front seats with heated 2nd-row captain’s chairs
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM4™) AWD system
- Available Blu-ray Rear Entertainment System (RES) with 115-volt power outlet, HDMI® Interface and integrated 2nd-row sunshades
- Optional Pilot-first Telematics Control Unit (TCU) AT&T 4G LTE On-Board Wi-Fi Connection
About the Honda Pilot
Regardless of your destination, the 2019 Honda Pilot offers style, versatility, and cutting-edge technology to help you make the most of every mile. As one of the few vehicles in the segment which offers 8-passenger seating, the Pilot delivers generous cargo capacity and customizable seating configurations for added capability. An updated exterior emphasizes the off-road capabilities of the Pilot without altering its instantly-recognizable design that’s become a hit with growing families.
Now standard on every 2019 Pilot, the Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies help inspire confidence behind the wheel. Available Satellite-Linked Navigation features turn-by-turn guidance to help you arrive at your destination promptly. A hands-free power operated tailgate makes it easier than ever to access the cargo area — even with your hands full of shopping bags.
What’s New for 2019
Updates and revisions are plentiful on the Honda Pilot for the 2019 model year. On the exterior, styling enhancements include a revised grille, LED headlights and taillights, bolder lower fascia, and a more prominent skid plate garnish. Honda Sensing® is now included as standard on every Pilot model.
Changes to the interior of the Pilot include a new Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ along with a physical volume knob. New features include a CabinTalk™ in-car PA system, CabinControl™ app, revised steering wheel, new instrumentation, and an improved rear seat entertainment system.
2019 Honda Pilot Features
Style, Performance, and Capability
Sporting a fresh new look for the 2019 model year, the Honda Pilot returns with an aggressive new front fascia with standard LED low-beam headlights. New features found at the rear of the vehicle include new taillights with amber turn signals and LED backup lights and an available Pilot-first hands-free power tailgate.
A standard 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6 produces 280 horsepower, offering a balanced combination of power and efficiency on the Honda Pilot. An upgraded Idle Stop system further improves fuel economy thanks to new programming and a new brake pressure trigger for quicker restarts. On Touring and Elite models, the standard 9-speed automatic transmission (9AT) has been refined for smoother launch and lower speed acceleration. All-wheel drive is available on every trim level of the Honda Pilot for superior grip across a variety of road and weather conditions.
You’ll find premium materials, luxurious amenities, and practical features which make the interior of the 2019 Honda Pilot a great place to relax and unwind. Updates for the new model year include a new steering wheel with simplified controls and new instrumentation. Second-row captain’s chairs are now available on both Touring and Elite models while second-row retractable sunshades are available on EX-L, Touring, and Elite grades. Perforated leather seating surfaces, heated and ventilated front seats, and 590-watt premium audio system
with 10 speakers are only a few examples of luxury features available inside the Honda Pilot. Improved for 2019, an optional Rear Entertainment System (RES) offers a larger screen and can even play CDs in the same drive that plays DVDs and Blu-ray™ media.
Offering customizable shortcuts and simplified menus, an all-new Display Audio System is your hub for infotainment inside the 2019 Pilot. An optional 4G LTE-based Wi-Fi hotspot can support up to seven devices and enables “Smart TV”-style video streaming of select video content directly to the Rear Entertainment System (RES) via any Wi-Fi connection. Also available for the first time on the Pilot is wireless smartphone charging, using the Qi and PMA charging standards. CabinTalk™ incorporates a HandsFreeLink® microphone to allow simple communication with second and third row passengers using the rear speakers, wireless headphones, or both. An all-new CabinControl™ lets you control various functions such as rear climate and the audio system using your compatible smartphone.
For the first time ever, all 2019 Honda Pilot models come standard with the comprehensive Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features. Technologies found in this impressive collection include Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM), and Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning. Other standard features include automatic high beams and a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera for peace of mind when backing out of a tight parking space. As a result, it comes as no surprise that the 2019 Honda Pilot targets a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Trims & Specs
2019 Pilot LX
- Starting at $32,445 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower direct-injected, i-VTEC® V6 engine
- Honda Sensing®
- LED headlights with auto-on/off
- Multi-angle rearview camera
- 8-passenger seating
2019 Pilot EX
- Starting at $35,325 MSRP*
- 8-inch Display Audio with high-resolution touchscreen, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Heated front seats with 10-way power driver’s seat
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- One-touch 2nd-row seats
2019 Pilot EX-L
- Starting at $38,755 MSRP*
- Leather-trimmed interior
- Power tailgate
- One-touch power moonroof
- Integrated 2nd-row sunshades
- Three USB charging ports
2019 Pilot Touring
- Starting at $43,515 MSRP*
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- Blu-ray™ Rear Entertainment System (RES)
- Mobile hotspot capability
- Blue ambient LED lighting and front beverage holders
- 590-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers
2019 Pilot Elite
- Starting at $49,015 MSRP*
- Standard variable torque all-wheel-drive (AWD)
- Panoramic roof
- Wireless phone charger
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- LED front-row map lights
*MSRP includes $995.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**19 city/27 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD 6AT models. 18 city/26 highway/21 combined mpg rating for AWD 6AT models. 20 city/27 highway/23 combined mpg rating for 2WD 9AT models. 19 city/26 highway/22 combined mpg rating for AWD 9AT models. Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.