2024 Honda Pilot Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $38,465 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter V6 engine with 285 horsepower / 262 lb-ft of torque and 10-speed automatic transmission
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM4™) AWD system
- Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- 8-passenger seating with 1-touch fold 2nd-row bench
- Standard 7-inch or available 9-inch color touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Optional Bose premium audio with 12 speakers including subwoofer
- Available rugged TrailSport trim level featuring Off-road tuned suspension with +1-inch ride height, TrailWatch™ camera system, and skid plates
About the Honda Pilot
Regardless of your destination, the Honda Pilot offers style, versatility, and cutting-edge technology to help you make the most of every mile. As one of the few vehicles in the segment which offers 8-passenger seating, the Pilot delivers generous cargo capacity and customizable seating configurations for added capability. An updated exterior emphasizes the off-road capabilities of the Pilot without altering its instantly-recognizable design that’s become a hit with growing families.
Standard on every Pilot, the Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies helps inspire confidence behind the wheel. Available Satellite-Linked Navigation features turn-by-turn guidance to help you arrive at your destination promptly. A hands-free power operated tailgate makes it easier than ever to access the cargo area — even with your hands full of shopping bags.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2024
For the 2024 model year, the Honda Pilot receives no major updates. Shoppers looking for the best midsize SUV in its segment continue to choose the Pilot for its outstanding technology features, performance capabilities, and family-friendly versatility. Thanks to a diverse lineup of 6 individual trim levels, it’s easier than ever to find a Honda Pilot that’s a great match for your lifestyle.
Honda Pilot Features
Style, Performance, and Capability
Significantly more rugged and striking than the outgoing version, the exterior look of the Honda Pilot is sophisticated enough to stand out both on and off the road. LED lighting, included as standard, provides both style and outstanding visibility from every angle. A standard 285-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine and 10-speed automatic transmission provide a seamless blend of responsiveness and fuel economy. Holding the distinction of being the most powerful SUV ever built by Honda, the Pilot is now offered in a distinctive TrailSport trim level that showcases outstanding off-road abilities. Some unique characteristics of TrailSport models include an off-road tuned suspension with a ride height increase of 1 inch, i-VTM4™ all-wheel drive with Trail Torque Logic, and all-terrain tires.
Catering to the needs of drivers who live busy lifestyles, the upscale interior of the Honda Pilot boasts seating for either 7 or 8 passengers. Placing an emphasis on functionality, 8-passenger configurations include an innovative stowable second-row middle seat section that tucks away neatly in the rear cargo area. Easy-to-use controls are intuitively placed throughout the streamlined horizontal dash layout, pleasing to both the eyes and the touch. Its enlarged center console boasts plenty of space for life’s essentials including two smartphones placed next to each other. Available highlights inside the interior of the Pilot include leather-trimmed upholstery, panoramic moonroof, heated/ventilated front seats, and the innovative CabinTalk™ communication system.
Regardless of how far the adventure takes you, the Honda Pilot is infused with advanced technology to help you stay in touch with your social circle. Whether it’s the standard 7-inch or the available 9-inch color touchscreen display, drivers will surely appreciate standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration that helps them access all of their favorite apps and media. Additional innovative features offered inside the cabin include an onboard Wi-Fi hotspot and Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging. Searching for an audiophile-grade listening experience? The optional Bose premium audio system with 12 speakers including a subwoofer delivers remarkable clarity and depth. Thanks to the available satellite-based navigation system inside the Honda Pilot, you’ll have access to turn-by-turn directions to help get where you need to be.
Every Honda Pilot comes standard with the comprehensive Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features. Technologies found in this impressive collection include Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM), and Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning. Other standard features include automatic high beams and a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera for peace of mind when backing out of a tight parking space. As a result, it comes as no surprise that the Honda Pilot targets a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $38,465 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter V6 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission
- Honda Sensing®
- LED headlights, foglights, DRLs and taillights
- Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ integration
- 7-inch digital instrument display and 7-inch color touchscreen
- Starting at $40,975 MSRP*
- 20-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Roof Rails
- Heated Front Seats
- Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Smart Entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Starting at $43,775 MSRP*
- Leather seating surfaces
- Wireless Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ integration
- Qi-compatible wireless charging
- 9-inch color touchscreen and 9-speaker audio
- Starting at $48,275 MSRP*
- Handsfree access power tailgate
- Opening panoramic sunroof
- Satellite-based navigation
- Bose premium audio with 12 speakers including subwoofer
- Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- Starting at $50,275 MSRP*
- Standard i-VTM4™ all-wheel drive with Trail Torque Logic
- Off-road tuned suspension with +1-inch ride height
- TrailWatch™ camera system
- 18-inch black TrailSport branded alloy wheels
- Front skid plate with recovery point
- Starting at $53,855 MSRP*
- 10.2-inch digital instrument display
- Head up display
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
*MSRP includes $1,375.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**19 city/27 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD trims. 19 city/25 highway/21 combined mpg rating for non-TrailSport AWD trims. 18 city/23 highway/20 combined mpg rating for TrailSport. Based on 2024 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.