2019 Honda HR-V Model Review
- Starting at $21,515 MSRP*
- 1.8-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine with 141 horsepower and 127 lb ft of torque
- Available Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver-assistive features
- All-new Display Audio with Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ integration
- 2nd row Magic Seat®, offering up to 100.1 cubic feet of passenger space
- Multi-angle rearview camera with three angles – normal, top-down, and wide
- All-new Sport and Touring trim levels
- Updated styling featuring revised bumpers, headlights, grille, and taillights
Honda HR-V Video
About the Honda HR-V
After capturing the attention of subcompact SUV shoppers across the country, the Honda HR-V returns for 2019 with revised styling, improved safety equipment, and cutting-edge tech features which improve every drive. You’ll also be able to choose from two all-new trim levels on the Honda HR-V — Sport and Touring.
Helping to improve interior refinement, the 2019 HR-V receives additional sound absorbing materials and optional Active Noise Cancellation. More tech savvy than ever before, the HR-V also features a revised Display Audio system which includes Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ integration along with a tactile volume knob. Helping you conquer bad weather conditions, the optional Real Time all-wheel drive system has been improved for better performance in low-traction conditions such as snow. Now safer than ever before, drivers will enjoy greater confidence and peace of mind from available Honda Sensing® active safety features.
What’s New for 2019
The Honda HR-V receives an array of revisions and updates for the 2019 model year. Sport and Touring trim levels have been added, expanding the HR-V lineup to include a total of five trims. Orange Burst Metallic, Midnight Amethyst Metallic, and Platinum White Pearl are three new exterior shades available to HR-V shoppers.
A new Display Audio system, redesigned driver’s meter, improved sound deadening, upgraded all-wheel drive system, and enhanced exterior styling cues help take your Honda HR-V experience to the next level.
Honda HR-V Features
Striking exterior styling revisions which help the 2019 HR-V stand out from the ordinary include a “flying wing” grille design, new smoked turn signal lenses, headlights, and new bumpers. Helping you express your individual personality is the all-new HR-V Sport trim level. Slotting in between the LX and EX, opting for the Sport means that you’ll receive a honeycomb-pattern grille, exclusive 18-inch alloy wheels, and a chrome exhaust finisher.
Now topping the HR-V lineup is the Touring model. Exclusive elements found on Touring trims include body colored lower-body trim, 5-element LED fog lights, multi-element Honda LED headlights, and 17-inch machined alloy wheels for an upscale look.
Performance & Capability
Ready to tackle whatever your day has in store, the 2019 Honda HR-V delivers plenty of performance, efficiency, and capability. Standard power comes in the form of a 1.8-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine producing 141 horsepower for an ideal balance of response and efficiency. All HR-V models now come standard with a Continuously Variable automatic Transmission (CVT) which features revised shift mapping for smoothness and improved acceleration. Optional Real Time all-wheel drive lets you drive with confidence even when Mother Nature isn’t cooperating with your plans. Speed-sensitive steering feedback lets you maneuver your HR-V into even the tightest spaces in the parking lot.
A key strength of the interior of the 2019 HR-V is its unmatched versatility and generous capacity. Thanks to its 2nd row Magic Seat®, you can reconfigure the interior to accommodate cargo and passengers with ease. With up to 100.1 cubic feet of passenger space, everyone will have plenty of room to stretch out and get comfortable. Additional sound deadening measures like available Active Noise Cancellation and sound-absorbing materials help improve refinement over previous models.
When it comes to advanced technology features, few subcompact SUVs can match the 2019 Honda HR-V. A new Display Audio system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration makes it easier than ever to enjoy your favorite media. Smart features like a multi-angle rearview camera, Honda LaneWatch™, and a Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ help you drive safer.
Standard on EX grades and above, the Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver-assistive features provides a helpful assist to keep you out of harm’s way on the road. Technologies included in this collection are Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) incorporating Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), and a Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™). Thanks to Honda’s next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, the HR-V delivers superior crash protection.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $21,515 MSRP*
- 1.8-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine with 141 horsepower / 127 lb ft of torque
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- 60/40 Split 2nd row Magic Seat®
- Bluetooth® Streaming Audio
- 17-Inch Silver-Painted Alloy Wheels
- Starting at $23,215 MSRP*
- Display Audio with Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ integration
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
- Sport Pedals
- Exclusive 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shifter
- Starting at $24,715 MSRP*
- Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver-assistive features
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Honda LaneWatch™
- Smart Entry with Push-Button Start
- Heated Front Seats
- Starting at $26,315 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- Auto-Dimming Rear-View Mirror
- 180-Watt Audio System with 6 Speakers and Chrome Speaker Rings
- 17-inch Unique Silver-Painted Alloys
- SiriusXM® Radio and HD Radio®
- Starting at $29,535 MSRP*
- Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- LED Headlights with Auto On/Off
- LED Fog Lamps
- Homelink® Remote System
- 8-Way Power-Adjustable Driver’s Seat
*MSRP includes $995.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**28 city/34 highway/30 combined mpg rating for 2WD CVT trims. 27 city/31 highway/29 combined mpg rating for AWD LX CVT trims. 26 city/31 highway/28 combined mpg rating for AWD Sport, EX, EX-L & Touring CVT trims. Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.