2019 Honda Passport Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $33,035 MSRP*
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine with i-VTEC® valvetrain mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission
- Sized between the CR-V compact and Pilot family SUVs with expanded off-road capabilities
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive enhances on- and off-road performance
- Intelligent Traction Management system with available Snow, Sand and Mud modes help optimize performance for varying surface conditions
- Standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology
- Best-in-class underfloor cargo storage
- Standard 20-inch alloy wheels and tires on all trims
Honda Passport Video
About the All-New 2019 Honda Passport
Joining the growing lineup of Honda SUVs and crossovers, the all-new 2019 Honda Passport gives drivers a distinctive blend of on-road driving refinement and impressive off-road capabilities to help you get out and chase adventure. Best-in-class interior room creates the perfect environment for you and your passengers. Located between the compact CR-V and the three-row Pilot, the Honda Passport offers a reinforced unibody frame, muscular direct-injection i-VTEC® V6 engine, and a fully independent suspension. Even the most rugged terrain is no match for the Passport thanks to available Honda i-VTM4™ torque-vectoring all-wheel drive and its four-mode Intelligent Traction Management system.
Upon its debut, the Passport will be available in four individual trim levels: the well-appointed Sport, upgraded EX-L, high-tech Touring, and the fully equipped Elite. The Honda Passport is expected to begin arriving at dealers in mid-2019.
What the Critics Say
Honda Passport Features
Sporting the most rugged design of a Honda light truck to date, the all-new Passport captures the attention of bystanders with eye-catching styling elements including higher ride height, standard 20-inch black wheels, a matte black grille, and blackout headlight designs. Once you return to city streets, the Passport features a sophisticated look with features like gloss black trim, chrome exhaust finishers, LED headlight accents, and a “floating” C-pillar.
Going beyond its sharp appearance, the Passport delivers improved functionality with 0.5 inches of additional ground clearance on front-wheel drive models and 1.1 inches on all-wheel drive Passport models as compared to the three-row Honda Pilot. Shortened overall length, shorter rear overhangs, and improved breakover and departure angles highlight the enhanced off-road capabilities of the Honda Passport.
Offering a sophisticated yet modern look, the cabin of the all-new Honda Passport features spacious seating for up to 5 passengers in addition to class-leading passenger volume of 115.9 cubic feet and a best-in-class total interior volume of 157.1 cubic feet. Attractive and durable cloth upholstery comes standard on Sport trims while EX-L, Touring, and Elite trims receive perforated leather seating surfaces along with a blackout headliner.
Perfectly suited to those living active lifestyles, the Passport features a maximum cargo capacity of 77.9 with the second-row seats folded flat. Simple-to-clean hard plastic surfaces on the seatbacks let you carry a week’s worth of camping supplies or mountain bikes with confidence. There’s also an available underfloor storage compartment which includes 2.5 cubic feet of additional cargo room with available removable and washable bins.
Groundbreaking Technology & Safety
Regardless of where your adventures take you, you can stay in-touch with an available 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration inside the Honda Passport. Hear your favorite tunes with exceptional clarity and depth with the available 590-watt 10-speaker premium audio system found on Passport Touring and Elite trim levels. An optional 4G LTE in-vehicle Wi-Fi TCU which has the ability to support up to seven devices along with a free 90-day/3GB trial period AT&T data plan. Use this advanced system to access HondaLink® cloud-based services including maintenance tracking, appointment scheduling, and vehicle location services.
The Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies adds confidence behind the wheel and is included as standard equipment on every Passport. The Passport targets an NCAP 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score safety rating and an IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK rating for the 2019 model year.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $33,035 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower Direct-Injected i-VTEC® V-6 Engine
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ All-Wheel-Drive System
- Honda Sensing®
- Cargo Area Underfloor Storage Compartments
- Remote Engine Start
- Starting at $37,455 MSRP*
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ Integration
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Heated Front Seats
- One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
- 8-Inch Display Audio with High-Resolution Touch-Screen
- Starting at $40,325 MSRP*
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers, Including Subwoofer
- Heated Front and Outboard Rear Seats
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- Starting at $44,725 MSRP*
- Standard Variable Torque All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
- Wireless Phone Charger
- Perforated, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- Automatic-Dimming, Power Folding, Heated Side Mirrors
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
*MSRP includes $1,045.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, options, and accessories. Dealers set own prices.
**20 city/25 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD trims. 19 city/24 highway/21 combined mpg rating for AWD trims. Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.