2023 Honda Passport Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $42,445 MSRP*
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine with i-VTEC® valvetrain mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission
- Sized between the CR-V compact and Pilot family SUVs with expanded off-road capabilities
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive enhances on- and off-road performance
- Intelligent Traction Management system with available Snow, Sand, and Mud modes help optimize performance for varying surface conditions
- Standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology
- Best-in-class underfloor cargo storage
- Available 20-inch alloy wheels and tires
About the Honda Passport
The most rugged member of the growing lineup of Honda SUVs and crossovers, the Honda Passport gives drivers a distinctive blend of on-road driving refinement and impressive off-road capabilities to help them get out and chase adventure. Best-in-class interior room creates the perfect environment for you and your passengers. Located between the compact CR-V and the three-row Pilot, the Honda Passport offers a reinforced unibody frame, muscular direct-injection i-VTEC® V6 engine, and a fully independent suspension. Even the most rugged terrain is no match for the Passport thanks to Honda i-VTM4™ torque-vectoring all-wheel drive and its four-mode Intelligent Traction Management system. The Honda Passport is available in three trim levels: the well-appointed EX-L, rugged TrailSport, and the fully equipped Elite.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2023
There is one key change to the adventurous Honda Passport for the 2023 model year. All 2023 Passport models now come standard with the Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive system. Last year’s front-wheel drive variant has been discontinued. Aside from this small adjustment, the Passport returns essentially unchanged from the previous model year.
Honda Passport Features
Sporting the most rugged design of a Honda light truck to date, the Passport captures the attention of bystanders with eye-catching styling elements including higher ride height, a matte black grille, and blackout headlight designs. Once you return to city streets, the Passport features a sophisticated look with features like gloss black trim, chrome exhaust finishers, LED headlight accents, and a “floating” C-pillar.
Going beyond its sharp appearance, the Passport delivers improved functionality with 0.5 inches of additional ground clearance on front-wheel drive models and 1.1 inches on all-wheel drive Passport models as compared to the three-row Honda Pilot. Shortened overall length, shorter rear overhangs, and improved breakover and departure angles highlight the enhanced off-road capabilities of the Honda Passport.
Offering a sophisticated yet modern look, the cabin of the Honda Passport features spacious seating for up to 5 passengers in addition to a class-leading passenger volume of 115.9 cubic feet and a best-in-class total interior volume of 157.1 cubic feet. Standard leather-trimmed seating surfaces are accented with contrast stitching that varies by trim level for a more upscale feel throughout the interior.
Perfectly suited to those living active lifestyles, the Passport features a maximum cargo capacity of 77.9 with the second-row seats folded flat. Simple-to-clean hard plastic surfaces on the seatbacks let you carry a week’s worth of camping supplies or mountain bikes with confidence. There’s also an available underfloor storage compartment which includes 2.5 cubic feet of additional cargo room with available removable and washable bins.
Groundbreaking Technology & Safety
Regardless of where your adventures take you, you can stay in touch with an available 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration inside the Honda Passport. Hear your favorite tunes with exceptional clarity and depth with the available 590-watt 10-speaker premium audio system found on Passport Elite trim levels. An optional 4G LTE in-vehicle Wi-Fi TCU which has the ability to support up to seven devices along with a free 90-day/3GB trial period AT&T data plan. Use this advanced system to access HondaLink® cloud-based services including maintenance tracking, appointment scheduling, and vehicle location services. The Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies adds confidence behind the wheel and is included as standard equipment on every Passport.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $42,445 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower Direct-Injected i-VTEC® V-6 Engine
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ All-Wheel-Drive System
- Honda Sensing®
- Smart Entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Starting at $44,945 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats w/Orange Stitching
- 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel w/Orange Stitching
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- Starting at $47,905 MSRP*
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- 10-Speaker, 540-Watt Audio System
- 8-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen
- Wi-Fi®Hotspot Capability
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,345.00 destination charge, options and accessories. Dealers set own prices. MSRP does not include $395 charge for select premium colors. $395 charge only applies to 2022 models.
**19 city/24 highway/21 combined mpg rating. Based on 2023 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.