2024 Honda Civic Sedan Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Honda Civic Sedan
- Starting at $25,045 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (158 HP / 138 LB-FT TQ) or available 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (180 HP / 177 LB-FT TQ) paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT)
- Standard 7-inch color touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Honda Sensing® system of advanced driver-assist safety technologies
- Available Civic-first Bose premium sound system with 12 speakers (Touring)
- Optional Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition and Honda Realtime Traffic
- Standard multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
- Available leather-trimmed upholstery featuring driver’s seat with 8-way power adjustment
About the Honda Civic Sedan
The Honda Civic has the honor of being the longest-running nameplate in the history of the Honda brand and for good reason. In fact, it’s America’s #1 model when it comes to first-time buyers. Now in its 11th generation, over 12 million Civic vehicles have been sold since 1973. Truly a testament to its popularity with drivers of all ages, the Civic Sedan now proudly sports an exterior appearance that’s equal parts athletic and modern. Step inside the cabin and you’ll find a driver-focused interior that’s surrounded by state-of-the-art tech features like standard Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration. Drivers can choose from two individual engines, each offering its own combination of power and efficiency to suit your needs. Since even the most experienced drivers can use some help from time to time, every Civic Sedan comes standard with the innovative Honda Sensing® collection of groundbreaking driver-assist technologies.
What the Critics Say
All the best Civic hallmarks are still there. It remains value-oriented, fuel-efficient, and high-quality. Safety and technology features have advanced toward segment-leading, too. The Civic’s styling and road manners are better than ever. The car looks more mature than the overwrought last generation, while its interior strikes an exemplary balance between form and function.” — MotorTrend
The Civic’s combination of value, efficiency, niceties, and refined road manners make it a no-brainer, even when compared to other similarly well-respected rivals such as the Hyundai Elantra, the Mazda 3, and the Toyota Corolla. Simply put, it’s a great car at a great price.” — Car and Driver
Honda Civic Sedan Features
Athletic Styling & Performance
Sporting a look that’s bolder and more upscale than prior generations, the Honda Civic Sedan follows the original Honda design ethos of “Man-Maximum, Machine-Minimum” (or “M/M”). Its athletic new look is enhanced by a lower beltline and windshield pillars that have been shifted rearward to improve outward visibility. Improving handling, the Civic features a wider rear track and a more confident rear shoulder line that highlights its composed stance on the road.
Standard power for the Civic Sedan comes in the form of a standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine producing 158 horsepower 138 lb-ft of torque paired to a responsive continuously variable transmission (CVT). Optional driver-selectable drive modes include Eco, Normal, and Sport — allowing you to personalize your experience behind the wheel. Upgrade to the available turbocharged 1.5-liter engine to experience 180 horsepower and quicker acceleration. Helping the 11th generation Civic Sedan be the most nimble and agile ever is a lighter aluminum front subframe combined with a wide rear track.
Engineered with a balance of connectivity and comfort, the sleek interior of the Honda Civic Sedan puts all essential controls and switches within easy reach of the driver. Entry-level Civic Sedan trim levels come standard with a 7-inch color touchscreen, the largest in the model’s history. Also unique to the Civic are its specialized seats that have been designed to enhance comfort on long drives by taking advantage of Honda Body Stabilizing technology. Careful attention to detail has allowed for a more simplified dashboard layout, helping to improve the feeling of spaciousness inside the cabin. You have virtually endless options for listening to your favorite songs thanks to the ability to use your phone, radio, Bluetooth® or USB media, or a connected smartphone for use with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. Another Civic-first option available inside the cabin is a Bose audio system featuring Bose Centerpoint 2 and Bose SurroundStage digital signal processing.
Raising the standard for safety performance in the small-car segment, the Honda Civic Sedan is equipped with a class-leading assortment of groundbreaking safety features. A world’s first application, both frontal airbags inside the Civic use ingenious technology to better control head motions in certain types of crashes. Honda Sensing® is also included as standard across the Civic Sedan lineup. Standard equipment includes the Collision Mitigation Braking System™(CMBS™), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and several more. All Civic models also benefit from the Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, further enhanced for superior stiffness and protection in the event of an accident.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $25,045 MSRP*
- 158-horsepower 2.0-liter DOHC VTEC® engine
- 16-Inch Wheels
- Full LED Headlights
- 7-Inch Color Touch-Screen
- Push Button Start
- Starting at $26,645 MSRP*
- 18-Inch Gloss-Black Alloy Wheels
- Gloss-Black Power Side Mirrors and Matte-Black Upper Window Trim
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- 3-Mode Drive System including Sport and ECON Modes
- 8-Speaker, 180-Watt Audio System
- Starting at $28,045 MSRP*
- 180-horsepower 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® engine
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Heated Front Seats
- Smart Entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock®
- 17-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Starting at $31,645 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- 12-Speaker Bose Premium Sound System including Subwoofer
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- 9-Inch Color Touchscreen with Wireless Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Adaptive Cruise Control w/Low-Speed Follow
*MSRP includes $1,095.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealer sets own prices.
**31 city/40 highway/35 combined mpg rating for LX. 30 city/37 highway/33 combined mpg rating for Sport. 33 city/42 highway/36 combined mpg rating for EX. 31 city/38 highway/34 combined mpg rating for Touring. Based on 2024 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.