2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Model Review
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
- Starting $23,915 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (158 HP / 138 LB-FT TQ) or available 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (180 HP / 177 LB-FT TQ)
- Choice of standard continuously variable transmission (CVT) or available short-throw 6-speed manual transmission
- Standard 7-inch color touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Optional Bose premium sound system with 12 speakers
- Honda Sensing® featuring Traffic Jam Assist
- Sporty Euro-inspired exterior styling with a coupe-like profile featuring a cargo opening widened by 1.6-inches for enhanced practicality
- Available Qi-compatible wireless charging capabilities
About the Honda Civic Hatchback
Featuring Euro-inspired styling, groundbreaking tech upgrades, and sport-focused performance tuning — the Honda Civic Hatchback is the ultimate choice for drivers searching for everyday practicality combined with an exhilarating experience behind the wheel. As the youthful sibling of the award-winning Civic Sedan, the Civic Hatchback benefits from its unique rear liftgate and streamlined styling that cascades towards the rear. Step inside the cabin and you’ll find yourself surrounded by the latest connectivity features and multimedia to keep you entertained as the miles fly past your windshield. Standard 60/40 split folding rear seating combined with an enlarged rear cargo opening make the Civic Hatchback the perfect choice for those living active lifestyles. Two potent engine choices along with two distinct transmission options make it simple to find the right amount of performance and efficiency to match your driving preferences. Included as standard across the model range, Honda Sensing® is a collection of advanced driver-assist technologies designed to keep you alert and informed.
What the Critics Say
Honda Civic Hatchback Features
Equally as athletic as it is attractive, Honda engineers spent countless hours infusing the Civic Hatchback with agile handling characteristics to complement its responsive powertrain options. Standard power comes in the form of a 158-horsepower 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine paired to a CVT transmission. For even more muscle, drivers can step up to an available 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine and a short-throw 6-speed manual transmission. 4.9 inches shorter in length than its sedan sibling, the Civic Hatchback also delivers responsive handling thanks to a lightweight composite hatch and wider rear track. Its reimagined body structure has resulted in a 19-percent increase in torsional rigidity compared to the prior model. If you’re craving practicality combined with a rewarding experience behind the wheel, it’s hard to ignore the dynamic Honda Civic Hatchback.
With a focus on functionality and minimalism, the interior layout of the Honda Civic Hatchback is designed to adapt to your active lifestyle. Standard on all trim levels are Honda Body Stabilizing Seats that are specially constructed to maximize comfort on longer journeys. In a matter of seconds, its standard 60/40 split folding row of seats can be lowered to accommodate larger items through the larger rear hatch opening. You can also experience your favorite songs like never before with an available Bose Premium Sound System featuring Centerpoint 2 and Bose SurroundStage digital signal processing tailored specifically for the interior of the Civic Hatchback. Eliminating unnecessary clutter from cables and wires, it’s easier than ever to keep your smartphone charged up on the way to your destination using optional Qi-compatible wireless charging capabilities.
Groundbreaking Technology & Safety
Designed to support every action of the driver, the Honda Civic Hatchback is packed with the latest connectivity and safety features to enhance your daily commute. All models come standard with a 7-inch color LCD instrument display which features an all-digital speedometer and tachometer on the left side, and a physical speedometer dial on the right. In terms of infotainment, you’ll have access to either a standard 7-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration. Also optional is a stunning 9-inch touchscreen display, the largest ever offered inside any Civic, equipped with wireless smartphone integration. The proven Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver-assistive technologies now features Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and other groundbreaking technologies to help you drive safer than ever before.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $23,915 MSRP*
- 158-HP Engine with continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Integration
- 16-Inch Alloy Wheels
- 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Starting at $25,115 MSRP*
- 3-Mode Drive System including Sport and ECON Modes (available)
- 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- 8-Speaker, 180-Watt Audio System
- Sport Pedals
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Starting at $27,615 MSRP*
- 180-HP Turbocharged Engine
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Leather-Trimmed Seats, Heated Front Seats
- Blind Spot Information System
- Smart Entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Starting at $30,415 MSRP*
- Bose Premium Sound System
- Wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Integration
- 9-Inch Color Touch-Screen
- Adaptive Cruise Control (Low-Speed Follow available)
- Wireless Phone Charger
*MSRP includes $1,015.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealer sets own prices.
**30 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for LX. 26 city/36 highway/29 combined mpg rating for Sport 6MT. 29 city/37 highway/32 combined mpg rating for Sport CVT. 31 city/39 highway/35 combined mpg rating for EX-L. 28 city/37 highway/31 combined mpg rating for Sport Touring 6MT. 30 city/37 highway/33 combined mpg rating for Sport Touring CVT. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.