2022 Honda Insight Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Honda Insight Hybrid
- Starting at $23,885 MSRP*
- 1.5-liter Atkinson cycle engine, powerful electric propulsion motor, and lithium-ion battery pack with a total system output of 151 horsepower and 197 lb-ft of electric motor torque
- 55 MPG city fuel economy rating**
- Three selectable driving modes – ECON, Sport, and EV
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Available next-generation HondaLink® subscription services and HomeLink® Remote System
- Optional 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration
- Available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™, Honda HD Digital Traffic, and 4G LTE Wi-Fi capability
About the Honda Insight
Smart, stylish, and efficient – the Honda Insight redefines what it means to drive an electrified vehicle. The Insight is positioned between the Civic and Accord in the Honda passenger car lineup. Standing out from the competition, the Insight blends the style and refinement of a premium compact sedan along with fuel efficiency competitive with leading hatchback hybrid models. A third-generation Honda two-motor hybrid system provides a total of 151 net system horsepower for the Insight. The best power-to-weight ratio in its class and an advanced lightweight body structure help the Insight achieve a 55 MPG rating in the city**.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2022
Combining efficiency with style unlike any other hybrid in its class, the Honda Insight remains remarkably popular with drivers looking to maximize their MPG. For 2022, the sole update to the proven Insight is the discontinuation of the entry-level LX grade. You’ll now have your choice of either the well-equipped EX or the luxurious Touring trims.
Honda Insight Features
Providing the Honda Insight with exceptional fuel economy is a highly efficient 1.5-liter Atkinson cycle engine, a powerful electric propulsion motor, and lithium-ion battery pack working in perfect harmony. During normal driving, the Insight operates as a “series hybrid”, meaning that the gasoline engine does not supply power to the drive wheels – it solely produces electricity. Then, the electricity is supplied to either the electric propulsion motor and/or the 60-cell lithium-ion battery pack. The gasoline engine only engages to power the wheels directly when maximum power is required or at highway speeds. Three selectable driving modes allow Insight drivers to choose between NORMAL, ECON, and SPORT to increase efficiency or maximize performance.
The 2021 Honda Insight is available in two trim levels — EX and Touring. Standard equipment found on all models includes push-button start, folding rear seat, 6-speaker audio system, a 7-inch TFT digital driver’s meter, along with Bluetooth® and Pandora® compatibility. Perfect for carrying all of your gear, the trunk boasts 15 cubic feet of trunk space in addition to a sizeable pass-through from the 60/40 split rear seats when folded. Additional available amenities on the insight include a power moonroof, perforated leather seating for up to 5 passengers, HomeLink® Remote System, and embedded Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™.
Contributing to the premium feel of driving a sedan, the Honda Insight incorporates the Honda Advance Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure. Reducing weight and increasing fuel efficiency, the Insight features an aluminum hood unique to the vehicle. The Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies is included as standard on every Honda Insight. Included in this suite are Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assistance System, Road Departure Mitigation, and Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow and Traffic Sign Recognition. EX and Touring trims will come equipped with the Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor and all trims will have a multi-angle rearview camera.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $26,225 MSRP*
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- 8-inch Display Audio with high-resolution touch-screen
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Smart entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback
- Starting at $30,255 MSRP*
- Ivory, Black or Black / Mocha Leather-trimmed seats
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
- 450-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers including subwoofer
- One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system
*MSRP includes $1,015.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealer sets own prices.
**55 city/49 highway/52 combined mpg rating for the EX trim. 51 city/45 highway/48 combined mpg rating for the Touring trim. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition and other factors.