2021 Honda Civic Sedan Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Honda Civic Sedan
- Starting at $22,005 MSRP*
- Standard 158-horsepower 2.0L DOHC multi-point injected i-VTEC® 4-cylinder or optional 174-horsepower 1.5L DOHC direct-injected turbocharged 4-cylinder
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Display Audio system featuring volume knob and physical buttons for key functions
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with guidelines
- Available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Sport trim level with unique styling, upsized 18-inch wheels, and enhanced handling
- Available one-touch moonroof with tilt feature
Honda Civic Sedan Video
About the Honda Civic Sedan
Sharp style, efficient performance, and groundbreaking tech features are only a few of the reasons why the Honda Civic is a hit with drivers all across the country. Choosing the Civic Sedan means that you’ll have your choice of an economical 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder or an available 1.5L DOHC direct-injected turbocharged 4-cylinder. Every Civic Sedan comes equipped with the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies which provide additional confidence behind the wheel. Offering plenty of room for life’s essentials, the Civic Sedan has class-leading interior volume that rivals many midsize cars. Available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration allows you to stay in touch no matter how far your adventure takes you. A complete lineup of 5 distinctive models makes it simple to find the Honda Civic Sedan which perfectly matches your lifestyle.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2021
2021 Honda Civic Sedan models return this year with no significant changes to mention aside from the discontinuation of the 6-speed manual transmission. It aims to build upon its legacy as the premier choice in the compact sedan segment.
Honda Civic Sedan Features
Lane Departure Warning – Works to detect unindicated lane departures from detected lanes. Audible and visual alerts will help notify you to correct the lane drift.
Lane Keeping Assist System – This feature helps reduce driver fatigue by keeping you properly centered in your lane. Should you begin to stray from the center of a detected lane without signaling, the steering adjusts to keep you in the middle of the lane.
Road Departure Mitigation – A small camera affixed to the Civic Sedan detects road markings and alerts you if you’re about to drift off the road at speeds between 45 and 90 MPH without using your turn signal. If you continue to head away from the road, the system can apply steering torque and braking to keep you out of harm’s way.
Adaptive Cruise Control – In order to maintain a preset following distance interval on the highway, this feature automatically adjusts your speed accordingly.
Forward Collision Warning – A small camera mounted to the top of the front windshield detects the presence of vehicles in front of you. If the FCW system determines that you’re at risk of a collision with a detected vehicle, it will provide audible and visual alerts to warn you. Should you fail to react accordingly, the system can automatically apply the brakes.
Collision Mitigation Braking System – If the system determines that a collision with a detected vehicle in front of you is inevitable, the system can bring your Civic Sedan to a stop. An alert will sound, and if necessary, brake pressure is automatically applied.
Whether you’re searching for efficiency or responsive performance, the Civic Sedan offers drivers their choice of two proven powertrains. LX and Sport trims are powered by a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine producing 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque. Opt for the EX, EX-L or Touring trims to receive a 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder with a peak output of 174 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque. Choosing this 1.5-liter will get you impressive EPA fuel economy ratings ranking among the best in its class, with top ratings of 32 city / 42 highway** for EX and EX-L trims. The Civic Sedan has earned a reputation for its fun-to-drive handling and character. This tradition continues with the Civic Sedan Sport, featuring exclusive shock absorbers, rear lower control arms, stiffer front stabilizer bar, and stylish 18-inch wheels.
Several subtle improvements to the interior of the Honda Civic Sedan help deliver a more refined driving and ownership experience. A volume knob and physical buttons for key functions have been added to the available Display Audio system featuring Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration to help improve tactical feedback and accessibility. Premium available interior amenities include leather-trimmed seats, embedded navigation, dual zone automatic climate control with new fan speed buttons, and an auto-dimming rear view mirror. You’ll enjoy up to 15.1 cubic feet of cargo space thanks to available 60/40 split folding rear seatbacks. Additional sound insulation in the floor, trunk, front fenders, and rear fenders contribute to the upscale feel of the interior.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $22,005 MSRP*
- 2.0-Liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine with 158 horsepower
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Honda Sensing®
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® and Streaming Audio
- Auto High-Beam Headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Starting at $23,805 MSRP*
- Decklid Spoiler, Center Outlet Exhaust, and 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- 7-Inch Display Audio with Electrostatic Touch-Screen with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Available Continuously Variable Transmission with Paddle Shifters
- 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback
- Starting at $25,155 MSRP*
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Honda LaneWatch™
- Push Button Start and Remote Start
- Heated Side Mirrors
- Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
- Starting at $26,355 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- HomeLink® Remote System
- SiriusXM® Radio
- Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Starting at $29,055 MSRP*
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
- 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers including Subwoofer
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
- Heated Rear Outboard Seats
*MSRP includes $955.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**30 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for LX and Touring trims. 29 city/37 highway/32 combined mpg rating for Sport trim. 32 city/42 highway/36 combined mpg rating for EX and EX-L trims. Based on 2021 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
1Based on Urban Science retail sales data for all car models in the industry 2016-2018CYTD July.